Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bring on the Baseball!!! Spring is Here.


Who in their right mind will get up on a Monday and Tuesday morning at 6 AM to watch baseball before work....transplanted A's fans. A's vs. Red Sox in Japan. A's split 2 game series. One true advantage of being on the East Coast rather than the West Coast...I would have had to get up at 3 AM if I were still in California. The baseball season brings thoughts of warm evenings, free baseball tickets, the roar of the crowd and the crack of the bat. It is in integral part of our relationship and sanity come the summer months. It is a way that brings us together with our colleagues and our friends. Unfortunately, most of my girl friends have a different meaning to getting to third base than I do and aren't really connected to the passion behind this fun sport. But the guys think it is pretty cool that I actually know what is going on half the time. It is difficult being an A's fan on a 3 hour time difference. We miss most of the weeknight evening games due to the sheer fact that baseball starts at 10 PM. I rarely make it through two innings and have to catch up in the morning. We have XM radio so I think I may set up a little system in the bedroom so that we can fall asleep to the game. I don't know. Many books on Chi of the house indicate that the bedroom is for sleeping only -hence my push for no TV. Radio may be breaking the rules as well. One knows that we already have a cat and a dog on the bed making it difficult to maneuver around at times. No reason to push them around to have to get up to turn it off at 1 AM. Anyway, truly looking forward to watching/listening to a season full of losses and "rookie moves". This team is so young. I have no idea who half of them are!

While it isn't exactly warm today..Tucker and I did some serious bird watching out on the deck this morning. The pansy's have survived the winter and are beautiful. Last weekend I put out a feeder in hopes to attract some gold finches. I have a purple finch already. I will put out the syrup feeder soon hoping to attract some beautiful Orieole's. I haven't actually seen one around here. Only at Grandma Fishes and she lives in Missouri!.

Looking forward to a week where I think I can catch up on things at work and get home before 6:30. Don't place any bets!

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As a really young girl I remember going to baseball games with my Grandpa because he had season tickets to the Royals, I knew all the players names and LOVED the sport. But then it was years and years since I had been. Last season Jake and I went to quite a few games and had a blast. So I've actually been anticipating baseball season in a way I never have before!

P.S. I totally agree about the Chi of the bedroom...If only I could convince Jake.

Al said...

I can't wait to get out there for a baltimore game. You guys are the best to watch baseball with!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

it is pretty fun to watch baseball with the two of you. (agreeing with Al) we had a blast last year at the Royals game! I will always be a huge football fan, myself! Love it! (oh, and basketball too!) :)

Unknown said...

Hockey Hockey Hockey!! we have Sharks playoff tickets and are excited!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07