Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers

The sound of rain tapping on the roof. Birds chirping. I hear a dove call. It is finally the time of year when we can sleep with the window open and wake up to such beautiful sounds. Cough, cough, sniffle..(ok more like snort), the beauty is gone. Lovely, just lovely. I have a cold. Tuesday afternoon Darrell came home from work with what I had cracked up to be allergies, however, two days later with a sore throat, then a runny nose and now a full on head cold, I am miserable! Oh well it will pass. Monday's O's home opener in the freezing cold was probably not a great idea. We were dressed well but again it was raining. Dry and underneith the overhang, three flights up we watched them loose. Shocker! Actually I shouldn't start in on them so soon. They have started out not half bad. The A's are 3 and 3. I'll take it- Boston and Cleveland are no joke to beat.
This week starts the first of one of our softball teams. I will miss the first game due to customers in house. Gen Mills...what's new! Week after will be a busy one with city softball team on Monday, my work softball on Tuesday and the last of the Volleyball games on Wednesday. They actually asked me to be on a beach volleyball team but honestly, while I love it, I am just not as good as everyone else. Darrell will play for them while I play on the work softball team instead. While my skills are likely not that much better in softball, I do enjoy it more and it is a good opportunity to get to know the McCormick crew a little better.

Big news of the week is my sister got married on the 14th in St. Lucia. Here is a beautiful shot of her and her new hubby. Long engagements are our thing. They have been together now for something like 8 years. Yikes we like to string those guys along!
Enjoy the rain.

4 comments:

sperry said...

That is a great shot lucky her getting married in St. Lucia :) Wow :) I hope your cold doesn't last long especially considering the softball stuff coming up. Good luck! :)

Natalie said...

I am so glad to see your blog!! I hope you get feeling better...we had nasty colds the week after we got home from our trip...not fun! Congrats to your sister and say Hi to Darrell for me! Oh, and I am so sad that you aren't coming out for our girls weekend...You better give us good info on your trips this year..Paris???!!! sounds like way too much fun!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

hahaha!! I was thinking...who's that guy kissing Stephanie?!?!!? Doesn't really look like Darrell!! hahah! Anyway, as always I love the update! Sounds like life in Baltimore is busy!! It will be nice once the weather stays warm, and you can get outside more!! :) Enjoy those sports!

Jen said...

Ahh, Spring! Love it! Hope you're feeling better by now!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07