Well, I decided that it is time for a change. I searched on the web for like an hour, found a great background of flowers and leaves. It fit my mood perfectly...then..for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to change mine to it. I tried reading the help thing...hummmmm not a good idea. That was like trying to read french. I, at one time thought I was fairly smart computer-wise, although nothing compared to Big Al or even Darrell for that matter but enough so that people in the office would swing by my cube to ask for advice, of which nine out of ten times I could help them. Now I am stuck. Any advice? I just want flowers on my backgound. Is that so hard. I'll cut and paste it, I just don't know where. I tried once and had a whole page of flowers, just nothing else!
Cheers..it's too nice outside to monkey anymore, I'm going to get some sun!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I used to think I was tech savy, not any more
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07

3 comments:
hmm... Jen had some trouble with this at first a while back. You might want to check her blog archives about it.
For me, I had done "what I was supposed to do" (copy background html and paste into the edit html portion of blogger) and it just wasn't working for me, then when I tried the same thing the next day - TaDa! It worked.
aight, here's the skinny
1) goto your blogger customize screen
2) goto the edit HTML
3) scroll down in the HTML code until you see something that looks like
body
{
under this section it sets your page properties so right now you probably have a value under this section called "background-color:" if you do your in the right section.
you're going to add a section in there (anywhere in the body section here) and type the following
background-image: url(
now you need to go find an image to use. If you just want something from the internet you will do
background-image: url("http://thenyelabs.com/gallery/d/1878-2/OP_Tripple_Crown_Surf_Comp_a_good_way_to_spend_a_thursday.jpg");
and there it will be. Don't forget to close the paren ) and to put a semicolon on the end ;
so it should look like this
background-image: url("www.stephsflowers.com/flower.jpg");
and your all set
if it doesn't look quite the way you want it to, there's things we can do to fix that, feel free to call me for that stuff, it's quick and easy, but I don't want to make this post any more confusing. :)
Post a Comment