Well we made it home safe and sound. Not without a few stomach and headaches on the flight home. A 23 hour long journey from the time we got up until the time we went to bed....way too much work for the last day of one's vacation. It was a lot of fun. Having never been to Europe and not being able to speak a word of French was interesting....Darrell speaks it well enough to get by. I thought what might be the best way to describe our trip is to go through a list of highlights that I wrote down as the week went along. Enjoy. A few photo's above..I would post more but they seem to be coming out fuzzy.
Eric Cartman Grafiti on the subway wall
Acordian playing on the metro
The Eiffel Tower at night and twinkling at dusk
Eating Chocolate Creps at the Eiffel Tower at night
600 + Steps up the Eiffel Tower during the day
Seeing men scaling the outside of the Eiffel Tower
Seeing the water lily garden of Monet at the Musée de l'Orangeries des Tuileries
Ordering a Salad Nicoise and getting a ham and cheese sandwhich..with an egg on it
Spilling half the shaker of pepper (white pepper...I hate white pepper) on my first meal
Buying a $5 umbrella to walk in Paris in the rain
Seeing the Church of Notre Dame and it's awesome stained glass. No wonder it took over 100 years to build.
The open grocery market with fruits, vegetables, fish, and cheese
Sitting in chairs lounging in the Place de la Concord
Riding bikes up the The Champs Elysées
Turning a 10 minute bike ride into a three neighborhood 45 minute bike workout
Shopping in Les Halles
Searching for an Irish Bar because the French don't believe in TV in their "bars"
Magners on Ice?
Seeing Napoleon's Tomb
Deciding not to actually go through the Luve and then realizing later that it was FREE!
Starbucks in the Luve??? Now I have seen everything!
Waffles with powdered sugar at Roland Garros
Seeing John McEnroe play tennis in senior's doubles with a Sweed! Darrell couldn't decide who to cheer for.
"Little Chef" made of chocolate..if you have seen the movie, you know what I mean.
Luxembourg Garden...Incredible.
Dinner with the Scottish and Lunch with the Ausie's
The view of the city from Sacre Coeur Basilica at night
Walking the hilly streets around the Moulin Rouge in high heals
Harry's New York Bar
Red Geraniums EVERYWHERE...in windows, in gardens and at Roland Garros.
Flower stores were just awesome and everywhere. Not a dead flower to be found..my favorite thing about Paris.
Bridge Club...seriously this place was packed on Friday night with people playing cards.
Three old English women commenting on Rafa Nadal picking his underwear (a nervous habit of his)..man we couldn't stop from laughing.
Two awesome days of tennis. One in the rain and the other with some sun.
Four hours of tennis..at least..in two different Irish Pubs...routing with the locals.
Coming home to three creatures who couldn't wait to see us! It feels great to be loved even when the vacation of love is over.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Paris in the springtime....is COLD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07

5 comments:
Steph! That trip sounds amazing! I can't believe that list either! Sooo good! Call me sometime this week and I can help you fix the header on yer blog too if you want.
Welcome back! :)
wow, it sounds like you two had a wonderful time!! i love the list. the pictures are awesome and everything looks so beautiful!! glad you are home safe!
Your list is amazing! Although I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around not actually going in the Louvre.... It sounds like you guys had a blast, welcome back to the states!
We are so glad you are home safe and sound. This sounds like the trip of a life time! Amazing! The pictures are beautiful. What a fabulous fun time!
Wow that's so incredible! I can understand how you felt in your last post not knowing where to start. Just reading this I don't know where to start in commenting. Suffice it to say, I'm hugely jealous and incredibly excited that you guys got to experience this together :) Oh, and I agree, love the pictures :) I think I'll plant some red geraniums this year!
Post a Comment