This last weekend was filled with so many activities that Monday was here before I knew it, and then the work week, and now it is Friday and I am just getting to posting. We had a last minute BBQ on Friday, posted an Evite as many friends had nothing going on. Above is a shot of the most handsome host. How I love this guy! It is amazing how we come to the East Coast to advance my career and he is doing so awesome with his! Darrell just got rave reviews for managing his staff of 5 and the fact that he has passed every project against the city council that he has presented to them. He is so meticulous with financial details and presenting his reasoning! How can they say no. Sure genius! Love this guy! Anyway, "The Fourth" was a hit. We live on "the hill" so the view of the fireworks downtown are great from our deck. We had about 15 people over. A few showers but none-the-less people were fed and happy. I told the story of the Fish celebration and see that photos have been posted......thanks Sarah and all. I do miss the awesome personal show that comes with being a Missouri relative! Next year we should seriously consider coming out...although I still have scars from my last visit to the chiggers!!!!
Well...either way I love you guys and we will have to see the little ones sooner or later, whatever excuse we want to give the husband! Thanks so much for Natalie posting her love of the Star Spangled Banner. Written at Fort McHenry, I might add. Just about 3 miles away. Any time you want to come visit the home of the actual making of the flag (D and I have actually been there) or Fort McHenry, where it was written, just holler! Some serious great American History here on the East Coast. Next year, if we don't come to Missouri, I am considering going to D.C. where you can watch the fireworks to a full symphony orchestra overlooking the Washington Monument Fireworks Spectacular! You can't love freedom more than that!!!!
Miss you all- Cheers!- Steph


4 comments:
oh man...that sounds like such a great weekend. how cool that you live so close to all of that history. we would love to go there sometime and visit you guys! oh, and by the way, i would be completely fascinated to see D do presentations....he has always had a way with words!!! :) and he can pretty much get anyone to do anything!! :)
Dang Steph, if you guys were hosting I know I missed some good food. Uncle Jason's wasn't a bad second place I must say. :) And oh how I love that man as well, we're all just lucky eh'? :)
I would love to visit the two of you in Baltimore...Fort McHenry wouldn't be so bad either!
I am glad that Darrell is doing so well...I have always admired his determination and drive.
You should ask Sarah about her chiggers! Ha ha ha...You have nothing on her!(be grateful!;)
Anyway, the DC fireworks would be awesome...but we would love to see you too! Happy Fourth! Natalie
I am so glad you are blogging! I love to hear about all the things you and Darrell are doing. I alos love to hear all the feelings about our country....we are blessed indeed. I think Washington DC would be a blast! Oh I love you and that guy too!
Post a Comment