Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things are getting better...the new me (a sore one).

Hey something good always comes from things...that is what I always say!! (ok most of the time).
Today, while I am doing work at home at 8 PM, I am not stressing about what I have to deal with tomorrow when I get to work. In addition to working more closely with my boss, I have the opportunity to take on fewer projects. I am looking forward to the new move broadening my experience with one more food company. It should let me do the extra stuff that I like.....in addition, one never knows where my wonderful husband will take me. While I am not one big on women's lib, I am resigning myself to gaining experience and not bringing home the big pay check. So many people told me that you don't stay at McCormick for the money...I see that now, but I don't regret the move. D has gotten so much out of it!!!...and me too. I truly love what I do but if my brilliant husband finds a position in Chicago, no holding back...go for it! FYI...blue box company is headquartered there, ironic only..... but D LOVES!!!!!!! Chicago. It is a little close to my family however. Don't get me wrong, I love the family. It is just a pain mustering up the travel guts to go to family for holiday's when you really just get used to sitting around watching movies all day when it is just the two of you. If we had kids it would be different. Also, Chicago is sooooooooooo cold! I am not sure I can deal with that.
Anyway, just wanted to post and say things are going well this week and I have found the new me. FYI...Monday the slave driver brought in Panera Bagels and Starbucks Coffee for everyone for breakfast as a thank you. I am sure that some of the folks found no appreciation in such offering but you know I can only do so much...now get back to work!!!
Also, this week we start touch football and fall softball in addition to 6 more weeks of training for my half marathon (13 miles for those of you who don't commonly study distance running) . Holy cow, I could hardly move yesterday. 8 miles on Sunday with Football practice in the evening. Then Monday, softball. Tuesday another run. Tonight I am taking a night off.....man I am sore!!.but getting skinner! Gotta love that silver lining. Seriously..how is it possible that my breast bone could be sore from throwing a football, in practice even?
First softball game??? 22 to 4! We kicked butt. Thank goodness, spring and summer were a total downer! Darrell is doing Football, Softball, and Volleyball. He eats a ton anyway and has a metabolism of a 25 year old so...whatever...it frustrates the hell out of me. But then again, I do eat for a living which is likely not helping. One wonders why I have to have three sports to keep me in shape.
Anyway...til Sunday...SAD.

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

it is so cool that you guys stay so busy with sports and other activities. i always enjoy hearing what you've been up to....and i totally get you on the whole 'man eats like a horse, and has a metabolism like a 20 year old'!!! so unfair!!

Hillary Sperry said...

Sounds like there'd be lots of changes attached to Chicago :) Good luck with whatever makes you happiest on that one :) I agree with Sarah I love hearing what's going on with you guys. I'm also starting to wonder what sports are happening out here... you inspire me to do this stuff when I here how much you enjoy it. :) hehe we'll see what that does besides just making me think it'd be a good idea.

Unknown said...

I love how active you are. I'm a bit envious, especially since my midsection is not shrinking on its own after baby #2... I'm just still lacking motivation. Okay, and...it would be amazing if Chicago happened. We've been planning a trip up there anyway. What a perk if you guys were there! We'd like to make it out east too, but it just seems like so much more planning than a little hop of to Chi-town.

Jen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good in your new role!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07