Well, I've been forced to take Vacation this week as we have a use it or loose it policy. Our new year starts Dec 1 so it's Turkey Time Off for me. It's just the two of us this holiday. We usually invite friends who's families are far, over for Thanksgiving dinner but this year most folks have other plans. So, D and I will spend the day with our family of 5 (two adults, two cats and one dog = 5, for those of you who couldn't do the math). I thought that this year I would keep it simple as I always make way too much food, ect. I just bought a baby turkey roll rather than a whole bird. The whole bird is so much work. Anyway, it will be fun as we will just sit around and watch movies and football!
One thing I would like to request is that if you have the time, several hours, sit down and watch The Sound of Music. Back about 10 years ago I had Thanksgiving with my whole family in MI. Everyone flew in, including my aunt from Denver. I can remember one tradition of Aunt Sandy's was to watch The Sound of Music every year. In Februray of this year my Aunt Sandy was killed in a car accident. While we miss her dearly, I would like to carry on a tradition that she always loved.
Finally, I thought that I might add this week my top 5 things I am thankful for:
I'm thankful for finding the love of my life so early on
I'm thankful for our health
I'm thankful that my father has found peace
I'm thankful that children and creatures make me smile everyday
I'm thankful that I can taste..for life without taste would be so bland!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07

2 comments:
I'm sure whatever you cook will be FANTASTIC. Your recipes always sound divine!
sound of music is about up for watching for me. That sounds like a fun tradition to keep going. Have fun on Turkey day, me and Seth will be watching all the same ball games, so feel free to call and shout with us. :)
Post a Comment