Saturday, June 21, 2008

I knew that!!

Alright, so it's back to work, play, and entertaining. How I get myself wrapped up into doing so many things, I don't know. Or do I and just didn't know it? Currently I am playing on three softball teams. One on Monday night, one on Tuesday and the other floats between Tuesday through Thursday. One team is really good, which is challenging and intimidating. One is so-so. And the third is "just for fun" and we are really pretty bad, although we have a winning record, meaning the other teams are even worse. Darrell refuses to play with this team as his competitive nature finds it completely frustrating. D and I only play on the Monday team together. We are both average players. Anyway, where am I going with all of this?
For work I set a personal goal to determine what makes me tick. I picked up this book- Now Discover Your Strengths. It is a great book to determine what it is that makes you who you are. Rather than focus on fixing your weaknesses, take a look at your strengths and make them work for you in the future. Ok so it requires you take an on-line survey. Once I saw my results, it was completely obvious. Achiever, Arranger, Focus, Analytical, and Significance. Ah...ya. Hello. Why did I need a book to tell me that!...anyway. I thought it was interesting that sometimes you need someone, even a book, to tell you things that you really already know. Just like Jen and her Whinny the Pooh survey. Ya I am totally Rabbit.
Well. Must go. Hope everyone is good and not getting too uncomfortable in this heat and water. Will catch up on everyone's sites soon and sorry to have missed last week's post.
Love you all.

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

Ijust really MISS you guys! I wish gas was not so expensive. Tahoe in August????

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

i am loving all your updates! it is fun to hear what you and D have been up to. wish we lived closer, i'd love to see you both play ball!! hope you have a great week!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07