Theodore Roosevelt once said....
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
This is my short post for this week. When caught in a cross roads in any matter, at any point in your life you must remember these wise words. What is the worst that could happen? If you never try, you'll never know.
I first heard this quote from my college rowing coach. If you try your hardest when running, rowing, or swimming the worst that could happen is that you end up last. Is that such a bad thing? In my opinion it has only made you stronger for your next challenge.
If you have a dream, don't sit by and watch t.v., do a little bit of what you love everyday.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
My Friend Teddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07

3 comments:
that is a great thought! and so true! I love it!
I can dig it. This came at a good time eh', thanks for sharing
Since the Olympics, I have thought so much about your rowing, running and your pursuit of excellence. You truly have done so much with your life, it makes us proud. Also Thank you for the quote it came just when I needed it!
Post a Comment