Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sisters

So it has been a very busy two weeks since last post.
On Wednesday of last week I left for Michigan to join up with my family to go to my sister's wedding reception. She got married back in March in St. Lucia. Wed through Friday were full of planning and visiting with family. Darrell joined us on Friday night. My sister from California brought along her two kids....total cuties. Here are some shots from the event. It was a long five days but a ton of fun!








The rest of this last week was packed with events every night. Monday- softball, Tuesday- softball, Wednesday- Dinner out with Darrell's office mates (It's restaurant week!), Thursday- softball, Friday- Restaurant week for me and a girlfriend and Darrell left for Chicago (Lolapoluza with the guys!)
Week before last I fertilized all the indoor and outdoor plants and flowers. The basil is just awesome right now. Therefore, I thought I might share one of my favorite pasta salads!

Pasta Salad with Mozzarella, Sun dried Tomatoes and Basil
Dressing:
6 Tbs Olive Oil
1/2 cup drained Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil (cut into strips)
1/4 Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbs drained capers
1 crushed garlic clove

Salad
1 pound box fusilli pasta
12 oz cherry tomatoes halved
8 oz mozzarella cheese (fresh water packed is awesome) cubed
1 cup (packed) fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 minced pitted kalmata olives

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water just until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Mix dressing in and allow to cool. Stir occasionally to evenly coat. Stir in fresh tomatoes, cheeses, basil and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Enjoy!

Tomorrow night....off to see COLDPLAY!!!!!....I'm so excited. They were awesome in San Jose back in 05!

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

sounds like a busy few weeks!! what fun, to spend that time with your sisters.... Have fun seeing Coldplay!!! that sounds like a blast!!

Al said...

Steph, I'm soooo glad I've converted you to the recipe sharing ways. My oven broke so something I can do on a stovetop is a nice move. :)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the recipe and it looks like you had so much fun! Also doesn't that Darrell look so handsome? You two make a beautiful couple!

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures! I've got to make that pasta - yum! Have fun at the concert!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07