Alright, so I made this recipe last year at Thanksgiving and I have been thinking about it ever since. It is a great thing to take to a football gathering. If you think the garlic will be too overwhelming, don't worry, once roasted it is not nearly as strong. Cooking Light Nov 2007.
Roasted Garlic Sun Dried Tomato & White Bean Dip
1 cup water
1 (3.5 oz) bag sun dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 15.8 oz can great northern beans (rinsed & drained)
Preheat oven to 375.
Remove papery skin from head of garlic but keep the last layer on that holds all the cloves together. Wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, separate cloves, and then squeeze soft centers out into a bowl, discard skins.
Bring water to a boil in saucepan. Add tomatoes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes for tomatoes to soften. Strain tomatoes from water, saving a 1/4 cup of the liquid and tomatoes.
Place the garlic, tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, oil and all other ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
Can be stored for several days in the refrigerator. Serve with bread rounds or crackers.
Welcome to Football Season!
Steph


5 comments:
yum, that sounds de-lish!! i love your recipes, Steph....keep 'em coming!! :) Have a great weekend!
mmm mmm mmm! Sounds good. You have to keep sharing your recipes with us! Hope you have a great weekend!
This looks delicious,I wish I could come to your house and eat it!
If I could hire anything out for me, I would have a cook!
That looks amazing! Yummy! I need some cooking lessons!
Yum! Thank you for sharing. This is definitely something I'd like to make.
Post a Comment