Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Sorry for the delay in posting!!! I had 12 days off of work, McCormick was closed, and I have no idea how I didn't get a chance to post. Well, better late than never. Please accept my apologies. First, Christmas Eve. We really don't have any traditions, Darrell and I. I had heard from some of you and a couple friends that they always do Chinese Food on Christmas Eve. What??? No makin' dinner...hand me that phone. In retrospect, not really my best Christmas Eve dinner but neither was really anything about this year "my best". As you may have guessed it was really all about "getting by". Oh well. It's come and gone and it is just us anyway. Although I must say I love Holiday movies and watching Darrell open his gifts and kitten's playing with ribbon. Christmas Day was great. Watched movies. Christmas Breakfast- Pillsbury Cinnamon Twists and Coffee. Lunch- Shrimp and Crab Civeche with Tortilla Chips and Mimosa's. Dinner- Marinated Pork Tenderloin in a Cranberry Merlot Beet Sauce (thyme & bay leaf made this so yummy), Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans with Smoked Bacon and Onions. A delish Merlot, courtesy of my sis. Yum!

Darrell worked most of the time between Christmas and New Year so I managed to knock a few things off the to do list..primarily painted another room in the house. I hate to say it but I get a little bit better every time. This time, my top edge between the ceiling and wall didn't even need Darrell's help. It looks pretty dang good, if I do say so myself!
New Year's eve was spent with a bunch of friends at their house. I brought grasshoppers and ended being the only one to drink them...oh well. No big loss. We brought in the new year with Dick Clark and 10 of our closest friends. It was fun..BTW...someone needs to call ABC and tell them that even if Dick Clark has a contract he needs to go. He looks so bad, I felt terrible watching him. I guiltfully had to change the channel.
New Year's Day...Michigan looses..bummer. USC wins! Two bowls of Chili and a couple friends over and the day was done.
Today it was back to work! 10 cups of Mac & Cheese and my tummy about freeked at being back at work. The Tums were out for sure.
Here are a couple shots of my beautiful niece and nephew, ....our other ones....when I was in CA a couple weeks ago. And my baby.




Cheers!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It sounds like a peaceful holiday. We have one every few years. Love you and miss you

Unknown said...

It sounds like your holiday was much mellower than ours. I'm resolving to make this year less stressful! Your dog is adorable by the way!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07