Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Groundhog, Smoundhog

Whatever...what does that little creature know anyway? Spring is all in the mind!!! Ok, you might need a hat on that mind/head but as long as you are starting to get in the spirit it is half the battle, right?
It's still cold...true dat...and the tulip tips are peaking their heads out of the frozen ground. There is even a tree across the street with red buds all over it...but best sign of all????.........MLB Spring Training!!!! I've got emails already for Spring Softball and? I'm going to FL to 1) see family but 2) taking an afternoon to bask in the sun and watch Spring Training (O's vs Boston Red Sox). I'm so excited!!!
Until I head south in two weeks Darrell and I are continuing to bowl on our Monday night team. Not bad. D has really turned into a good bowler. He is fitting right in with the rest of us Michigan natives....kind of runs in our blood.
Finally..the best news is that my family is coming to see us!!! We're so excited. Laura, Erin and Mom will be here the first week of April. In the meantime we went to go paint the last wall in the kitchen and realized that it was molding within. We had to tear off the drywall and the floor/tile. The clock is ticking 3 weeks and counting since each of us has a weekend that we will not be here. ....wish us luck. I really want the house to look the best it can. Who knows when they will all be back!
Well, I'm out for now. ....cheers.

3 comments:

Al said...

so jealous of a spring training trip. That would be a blast! and I don't know why, but I love how your small painting projects turn into monstrous ordeals, with a surprising frequency. :)

Natalie said...

Sounds like a lot of busy fun! Good luck with that kitchen remodel work...and have fun with all of your spring training!

Unknown said...

Holy smokes you're always a busy lady! Sorry about the painting ordeal, good luck with all that! I hope you have a blast in florida and with your fam! Hooray spring!!!!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07