So, I'm killing time while Darrell is at the gym, the weekend laundry project continues with the third to the last load (it is Tuesday) and I figure I will catch up with the family. I'm surfin' around, checkin' what's happen' with all of you and then I get to Misty's page. Every time I go there it is like I have a friend in the professional web design business...Misty, the stuff you have on your page is amazing....links, followers, picts...I have no idea how to do even a hundredth of any of that stuff. Then, cuz I'm nosy like that, I see she has a follower with a name of three bay girls, or something like that.. So I think "bay" as in Bay Area, where I'm from...sure I'll click on that. It has the Golden Gate Bridge after all. Then I see it is a bunch of mom's staying connected and I notice all the stuff they follow...I click on a couple of those (I feel like I'm digging a deeper and deeper hole here) and the links......My mouth drops to the floor as I continue to click..and click... People posting EVERY DAY, SEVERAL TIMES a Day. I can't believe this stuff. Who has time to type all this???? Who has time to follow all this??? This one site (which was awesomely designed btw) gave me hourly details including her trip to the morning potty where she had to open a window. TMI!!!!!!!
While I have often thought of creating my own blog where nobody knows it is me and I can just vent...and I mean really vent!! Swear words, way too personal stuff that nobody should know about but sometimes you feel like "if I just typed out my thoughts (that burning email that I shouldn't send to the jerk in the office) then I would just feel so much better and no one would know".....ya right. Holy smokes bat man. Not after what I witnessed today.. It would be my luck that my boss would be the next blog stalker and someday realize it was me!
Alright...well, while I will continue to waste precious time (as I actually got on here to make a Love Day dinner reservation) surfing spots that will tie my curiosity up for hours, I will stick to writing my thoughts down on paper and then sending them through the shredder.
Happy Stalking!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Wow...Who's an adict?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07

4 comments:
hahaha, thats so funny!! it's true for sure! (misty has a serious problem) and I am glad you pointed that out! :)
Actually blogging is so dang addicting that if I wasn't as busy as I am I would have problems too. I did.
Love, a recovering blog stalking- always posting-too much info, person!
Steph you are too funny!! Blogging is kind of ridiculous, it's true. Basically I have given up trying to keep up with all the insanity every one else posts (besides family). It's just too much. Glad you're catching up on your laundry and that you posted! Today's laundry day around here. :o)
I was thinking the all the same things last night as I was falling deeper and deeper into blogville. I read family blogs religiously, and as for all the other beautiful, inspiring, educational and just plain wacky blogs out there/in here?...it's just a fun ride (why the call it surfing?) What wave will I catch today? OK, so, now that I've written a novella comment I'll close and get back to work!!!
Glad to see you post. Seriously I went to a party with Sarah and she knew a girl there, but had never personally met her...just blog stalked her. It was scary as the girl knew her too!
Post a Comment