Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gearing up for Paris


Well it surely has been a while since I have posted. Sorry for the delay. I was off to Michigan for a long weekend for my Aunt's funeral. Strait into three days of softball and a night of bowling for charity. Finally the long weekend to get ready to go off to Paris. Checking itinerary, hotels, exchanged rates and watching the French Open that started this weekend. The funeral went fine. I was glad that I was there for Mom. There are some good things that come from a funeral 5 months later, you don't do nearly as much sobbing and crying as it has pretty much already set in. Above is a picture of all of us. My grandmother (little on in front in flowers) is awesome. She had us all pretty crazy! I can see where we get our controlling "always on top of it" nature. Go figure.
This week it is going to be short...sorry about that. Darrell is wonderful...hummm I think I said that last time. Last week we celebrated our 15 year "togetherness" anniversary. Friday we leave for Paris. I don't even know where to go first while there. Top of the list is a trip to their open farmers market. Cheese, bread, and a glass of wine! Too bad I don't know a lick of French. This is going to be fun, either way. Darrell knows the sites and the language so I am going to take a vacation and not worry about any of it! If possible I will try to post while there. Love you all. Stay tuned for some great stories.

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

oh, I am so excited for you two! i hope you have the best time! relax, and enjoy yourselves!! can't wait to see all the pics!!

Jenny said...

I hope you both have a wonderful time in Paris. We can't wait for the stories. Sorry about your Aunt...

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I know you're enjoying Paris! Can't wait for pictures and stories!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you guys are having an amazing time. Can't wait to see all the pictures!


Darrell & Steph at Gala in Sept 07