So by now you all probably realize that fall is by far my favorite season. This week was full of fall firsts. Here are just a few:
Brisk cold mornings with dew on the car
Sipping coffee outside while waiting for a concert
A big cold, windy rain
Falling colored leaves
Sitting at a baseball game in a sweatshirt
Playing football & baseball in a sweatshirt
Mums!
and finally........I have a cold and we are having soup and bread for dinner!
Here is one of my favorite recipes. Serve with buttered french bread.
Mediterranean Chickpea Soup
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups water
1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup uncooked ditalini (very short tube-shaped macaroni)
Saute onion in olive oil in soup pan until tender. Add water through tomatoes. Cover and let simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta and simmer until pasta is tender, about 9 minutes.
Enjoy!

3 comments:
yum. I so love that you add these recipes. I am going to have to try this one, it sounds good.
Personally,I still can't believe it is Fall.....the summer just flew by for me!
Ah, sweatshirts and that Fall smell in the air!
Definitely soup weather.
Hi you two...I just wanted to tell you both Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! Celebrate big! We love you!
Post a Comment